From 1 – 5 May 2017 ARISE held a successful 5-day ASEAN Customs Transit System (ACTS) training event in Jakarta for ASEAN Secretariat Officers. The event was attended by ASEAN Secretariat officers from the Transport Division, the Customs Unit and the Central Management Team (CMT). The objectives of the training were to:
- Provide the historical background of the development of ACTS
- Highlight the related Agreements governing the implementation of ACTS
- Describe the role of the CMT and Transport Division of ASEC in managing the on-going operations of ACTS as laid down by ASEAN Framework Agreement on the Facilitation of Goods in Transit (AFAFGIT)
- Understand the stakeholders and their roles in ACTS
- Understand Customs procedures and processes of ACTS
- Understand ACTS software systems and detailed implementation
This training provided hands-on practice for the ASEAN Secretariat officers especially CMT officers to manage and operate the system and understand its related procedures.